On this day, just one year ago, I walked into the fertility clinic. I had no idea this was the day that was going to change my life forever. Everything was just the same as it had been for the past 8 previous insemination's so it all seemed all too familiar. But what I did not know is that this is the day it would all begin. This is the day that everything worked just perfectly. This is the day my little Emerson was conceived.
I can remember my actions and everything that I did that day perfectly. I had woke up at 5:00 in the morning at the Bridgers cabin. It was raining and the sun was not even up yet. I quietly finish packing my bags and quietly tip toed to my car to make the trip to Little Rock just 2 1/2 hours away. I arrived at the clinic at 9:00 and was called back for the procedure just shortly after. The insemination was fairly uneventful. (well so I thought) :) I packed up and headed to my car for the drive back home to Fayetteville. Before going to the house I had to stop to pick up the dogs from Aunt Cathy's (The dogs babysitter) I Picked them up and headed home but stopped at the mail box before going in.
I had been anxiously awaiting a package. The week previously I had ordered a necklace with a charm stamped "Believe". I needed to have this around my neck to remind me to have Hope. And to remind me to Believe in the future. I was so tired of being disappointed. So sad month after month learning that I was still not pregnant. So this necklace was something I wanted to hold close to my heart to just keep me hanging on. So as I checked the mail it was there. A small package which included my necklace. I drove in to the garage and walked into the house and Immediately put on the necklace. What I did not know at the time was that the day I placed this around my neck was the day I conceived my LONG awaited baby. As you can guess this necklace is VERY important to me. I am reminded daily how hard it was to get to where I am today. OVER the moon happy and SO glad to be looking back on that day just one year ago and realize that was the day it all began.
I've since added another charm to the necklace with Emerson's name stamped on it. A friend who owns a jewlery store in town gave me the charm as a gift for Mother's day. :)

2 comments:
That just brings tears to my eyes! I am so happy that only a short 12 months have brought you to where you are today! Such a beautiful post, momma!
Remembering.... and smiling. Love you & see you soon!
Post a Comment