Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My sweet baby girl is 2 months...... already.

I know...  I know..  It's been said a billion times.   But I'm going to say it again.   Where did the time go?   How is it possible that Emerson is already 2 months old.  It seems like it was literally yesterday that we were making the drive to the hospital (in 24 inches of snow)..  :)    
I'm seeing Emerson change daily..  literally.   At her 2 month appointment she weighed in at 10 lbs 2 oz.  And is 21.8" long.  At this point this girl is all legs.  (we will see how quickly that changes)  :)    The doctors said she is perfect..  yep his exact words.  And I tend to agree with him.  I mean if the doctor says it then it must be true?  right?    Emerson is sleeping from about 10pm til 4:00 and then going to sleep again until about 7-8.  She sleeps the first part of the night in her pack N play but normally finishes the night in my bed cuddling with me.  I'm slowly working on this part.  I ADORE cuddling with her so its killing me to train her to go back into her bed.   We will see what the next month brings.  She SMILES a ton...  And when she does it melts my heart.   She is kicking and cooing like a champ..   And I promise you this child is the loudest eater and sleeper on the planet.  (actually which I have learned to love). 
She still doesn't like to be put down a lot..  Getting better.  Everything is good for about 20 minutes..  Swing, bouncy seat, car seat, tummy time or just hanging out..  20 minutes..  But after that she is screaming FULL force and lets everyone in a 5 mile radius know she is DONE and needs a new activity.  

She looks so thrilled in this picture..  Her Zuzu had just let her sample her first taste of frosting off our cupcake..  I'm think she was daydreaming about how yummy it was  :)



Her 2 month shot with her favorite friend....  Violet.


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I can't believe it!!! She gets cuter ever month! You will never quit saying "where did the time go?" Before you know it you will have toddler then a little girl going off to school! You just have to enjoy every day and every stage. They really do get getting sweeter!

Cilla just saw the pictures and shouted "BIOLET!!!", that means Violet in Cilla language!