Saturday, April 9, 2011
Beautiful Voices
I'm a sucker for a beautiful singing voice.. Always have been. I certainly don't mind admitting that I LOOOOVE to play my car stereo very loud and sing at the top of lungs and even pretend that I have one of those beautiful voices.. OK.... so maybe I don't have that beautiful voice but I don't mind singing like I do :) So back sometime last early Spring I'm sitting at home watching Oprah (hate to admit it but it's true) and on her show she introduced a up and coming musical foursome.. " The Canadian Tenors" Let's just say I was immediately hooked.. Within the next 24 hours the CD was purchased and I was then singing the Canadian Tenors at the top of my lungs to my car stereo.. Later that week I was due to take a little mini vacation at Chad's family cabin over in Bull Shoals.. Unfortunately during that trip Chad's dad suffered a heart attack at the river and did not survive.. This was a yucky time for all of us.. Not a fun memory.... This was on a Friday. On Saturday I was scheduled for an insemination in Little Rock.. So because of what had happened the day before we decided to all go our separate ways and I made my way to Little Rock for my appointment. Alone in the car... Driving through the gorgeous mountains and watching the sun come up.. I decided to put in my new CD of the Canadian Tenors.. And yes I sang my heart out.. I sang to mend my broken heart.. I was so sad about our loss the day before.. I was sad because I was going to what might be my last try to get pregnant.. It was just a way for me to escape... So I sang and I sang loud.. Over and Over again... to the Canadian Tenors. So if you haven't guessed it already... This is the day that everything worked. Emerson came to be because of this visit to Little Rock. :) So fast forward another 20ish weeks.... and once again I am in my car singing loudly in my car. I had already been feeling my baby kick slightly but just a little here and there.. This particular day I stuck in the CD again of the Canadian Tenors.. This one particular song of theirs was my favorite... "Hallelujah" And I noticed when I played that song the baby would kick even harder.. So of course I listened again and yep... still kicking. So this certainly became a ritual when I was wishing to feel my little peanut... just stick in that CD and like clockwork.. She would kick. I could go on but I'm pretty sure you get the point. :) So....... fast forward another 3 or 4 months and my mom had just moved into her new home. She had been listening to NPR while unpacking her boxes and getting her house ready. One day I was over and she said... Hey.. did you know the Canadian Tenors was coming to Fayetteville in April? Well you can guess I didn't waste anytime getting tickets and decided that I wanted to treat my mother to this amazing group of men with these beautiful voices..... Well.... that concert was today... Things really couldn't have been more perfect. We took Emerson to Tiffany and Lance's house to babysit.. (yes this was her first babysitter and I'm proud to say that I was not sad or nervous one bit) And my mother and I went on a date to the Walton Arts Center.. To say I was impressed would be an understatement.. It was incredible.. They certainly did not disappoint. Memories flooded my mind of the last year and of course I cried.. But this time they were all happy tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment