Friday, March 25, 2011

The Circle of Life

Back in July, right after I found out I was pregnant, I decided to plant a new tree in my front yard. I wanted to plant something the year my first baby was born. After speaking to my mom about this desire and discussing my options she recommended a Corkscrew Willow. This was a tree that grew rapidly plus it was pretty. The other positive spin to this was mom had a Corkscrew Willow in her own yard and knew it transplanted well.. So to make things even better I could plant a tree in honor of my child AND the clippings would come from my own mother's tree. The circle of life in a sense.. So in September we visited my mother house in Virginia.. She was due to move here the following month so it was important that I got the clippings from the tree then. Ironically the following week upon returning home from my mothers was the Ultrasound to determine whether Emerson was a girl or boy... So I decided to wait until that day to plant the tree. So on September 21, 2010... "Emerson's Tree" was planted.. I can't wait to watch the tree grow along with Emerson. I can't wait to share that story with Emerson some day.. And even more I can't wait to see this tree many years from now and know that on the day I learned I was going to give birth to a little girl I gave life to this tree. Emerson at 5 weeks/ Tree at 7 months




Loving Bath Time....


Emerson started smiling this week.. First is wasn't as obvious that she was intentional but as the week progressed it was very obvious that when she smiled she meant it. She has been following us with her eyes and when she is happy she will just get this big beautiful smile on her face. There is just nothing better in my opinion... I LOVE IT. I actually caught a little of it on video while in her bouncy seat.

No comments: