Monday, March 14, 2011

One month old and first trip

Life is starting to get a tad bit back to "normal" these days.. And what I mean by that is I don't spend 24/7 sitting and staring at my little peanut "as" much.. :) Don't get me wrong.. Lots of holding and cuddling still happens.. But I'm learning to put her down now. (and I'm only doing this because I've been instructed by other new mommies that I will regret it if not)

Miss Emerson is now sleeping in her own bed during the night.. And most nights it is all through the night.. YIPPIEEEE. We struggled with this concept at the beginning because neither Emerson or myself wanted to be apart during the night. So I just put her in bed with me. Well it looks like we have finally moved away from this and now I've had the courage to put her in her own bed and it works just fine. We are close... but in our own beds.. and we both sleep.



This past Monday.. March 7th we took our first trip.. My Mom, Emerson and I jumped in the car and headed to Springfield to see Aunt Meg and her mom Randy. Randy had just recently had knee surgery so we thought it would be fitting to give Randy some baby lovin. :) And of course Aunt Meg had been apart from Em for far too long so she needed some lovin too.

So off we went... and I have to say ridding in the car is not Emerson's favorite. At times she is content but after to much time all Heck breaks loose.. Not a fan. I told her that this needs to change because her momma likes to go too much.



Emerson and her God Momma... Meg

Jenn Bryant, Meg and Momma


Looking Cute!!!













Today was a big day... Emerson's 1st month Birthday. So hard to believe that it has already been 1 month since she arrived. So far not too many changes with her looks but she is becoming much more aware of her surroundings. Starting to get a little personality.. (she can be quite the drama queen already). We celebrated by taking a trip to Sam's.. and then went to the Fayetteville square to Bliss Cupcakes. Such a sweet memory and I'm sure many more to come.






Her first growth comparison picture with her best friend Violet..









































2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I know this post is a a couple of weeks old. But, I hope the sleeping thing is going well! You WILL be so glad you put her down and put her in her own bed. People would always tell me that you don't start forming bad habits until at least 6 months, but I totally disagree! We did some things early on that I think we could have done differently to help Cilla sleep better. I know it is hard to believe now, but in a year or two you will be sooooo glad she sleeps in her own bed and is not dependent on you for sleep. Just my little tidbit;) I know you probably get sick of everyone telling you how to do things!
I can't believe how much E is growing and changing! BTW, love the tree idea! So special!

Anonymous said...

Kelly your 2-month-old portraits are gorgeous. I'm obviously biased they're you and Emerson, but they're truly beautiful of both of you. Who took them?