Hello there....
Sorry to those checking in and not having an update for a little while. The first part of the week was just a rat race a work so I didn't have much to blog about. I was working hard trying to get all my work done so I could escape for a little R & R to my friends cabin in Bull Shoals, Arkansas. This has become an annual tradition for us to head about 2.5 hours away and spend a little time with nature and just get away and do whatever we please. Actually the main rule of the house is to do what you want when you want to do it.. Whether that is sleeping in, taking naps, reading a book, fishing, playing cards or just soaking in life.
The cabin is situated just feet from the river so most of the time was spent sitting on the deck or screened in porch just watching the river roll by. Because of our busy life, sometimes it is just necessary to just STOP. Stop our daily activities to allow ourselves to just be. And that is exactly what I did.
For five whole days.
I was joined by 9 of my great friends and it was such a great time.
On Wednesday, Lisa, Amanda and myself headed over and we were the first to arrive. This time was spent doing a little grocery shopping to have everything stocked and ready for the rest of the week. We decided to treat ourselves to dinner at one of the local restaurants. Since the rest of the time we would be preparing all our meals at the cabin we thought while it was just the three of us we would have someone wait on us.
On Thursday we were joined by Lance and then Chad. When Chad arrived he broke out a new "toy" that I soon learned to be a "potato gun" Oh Boy..... how fun did the guys have with this new object. I will be attaching a video of the trials of the potato gun and we had lots of laughs watching the guys play and attempt to sink a few passing boats and fishermen. (trust me this did not happen nor would they have but they sure had fun acting like it)
On Friday afternoon we were joined by Tiffany, Shelly, Hannah, Cara and Dez. I found myself with my head in a book most of the week which was a good form of escape. I had several failed attempts of Texas Hold 'em but sure had fun trying. Lots of great food which you will soon learn this is our entire groups favorite past time.. Cooking.
On Sunday we woke up began the process of returning to the real world. Amanda and I headed back together and we were able to have some good conversation learning more about each other and doing some good ole' girl bonding.
As I'm sitting here in my quite house with my dog at my feet I reflect on my past week and all I have to say is I am truly blessed. I am blessed to have such a wonderful life and have the abilities to enjoy all that life hands me.
Til next year cabin.... you will be missed. :)
-Kelly
2 comments:
Looks like fun... I'm sorry I missed it!
I can't wait till we can get down there and finally meet everyone!!
Post a Comment