One of the perks we have with our MOPS group (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) is that we have a Kids Day Out every month. We try really hard to look outside the box and do something special for the kids so they can see everything our community has to offer.
Today we went to Mason Creek Farms which is a working farm just south of Fayettville by about 20 minutes.
It was a gorgeous day and perfect for a new adventure..
In anticipation for dirt and mud we dressed casual and I bought Emerson her first pair of Rubber boots. Actually I found them at a local childrens consignment sale this weekend.. I had to laugh because when I brought them home I wanted to try them on Em and she would have nothing to do with putting those boots on her feet. Matter of fact at one point she took them and tossed them out of my reach and said "Yucky"
Hmmm... I have a shoe snob on my hands already. :)
We after getting parked we got out of the car and Em finally agreed to put on her yucky boots. BTW they were not yucky.. just more warn than she is used to.
 |
| Walking with Zuzu to our pig adventure |
 |
| I can only imagine what is going through her head at this point.. UMMM momma.. that doesn't look anything like any of the cute little pink pigs I have at home or have seen in my stories.. |
 |
| The gang of wee ones feeding the momma pig |
 |
| Such a sweet picture.. Look at Em clasping Rhylan's hand.. They really do love each other.. |
 |
| all the little piglets |
 |
| Adorable little piggie butts. |
 |
| I can't tell you how much I love this picture.. How adorable are these three (Anderson, Emerson Rhylan) and all three of them in their boots. cute cute cute |
 |
| The owners of the farm brought out baskets of eggs and allowed the kids to each take home some.. they were super excited. |
 |
| Penny, the pig |
 |
We were headed to the car to leave and Emerson stopped dead in her tracks.. She turned around and said.. "Bye-Bye Piggies"
What a fun day.. I'm pretty sure all the kids will be talking about the pig farm for a long time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment