Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What would life be like without great friends and family

Let's just get the hard part out of the way...  I turned 40 last week.  Of course, if my 40's are anywhere close to as wonderful as my late 30's I'm good.. Seriously It isn't something I get too hung up on. 
 But it was a great excuse to have a big celebration.  So..  I gave my best friend Meg the instructions about 4 months ago.
I wanted ALL my best buds under one roof.  We don't have to go far but I wanted us to be together..
I wanted to see water..  either lake or river.  Oh and I wanted it to be without children.
No responsibilites..  please!!
And that is exactly what happened. 
They rented a GREAT house on Grand Lake which was a little under and hour and a half from home.  As you will see from the pics below the house was right on the water. 
We were there from Thursday to Sunday and it was about as close to AWESOME as
you can get. 
I have to give a shout out to ZuZu for stepping up and watching Emerson for 4 days straight. 
It allowed me to have time for myself and not worry for one second that my baby was in good hands and happy. 
My buddy Adam turns 30 the same week I turn 40 so for years we have talked about celebrating together.. 
Which is exactly what we did and I can't say it enough..  but we had such a great time.
I LOVE my friends..







This is how every morning started..  I was always the first awake..  and then one by one we would all head out and pull up and chair and face the water to watch the fish jump..  They were everywhere..  Next time we know we need to bring our fishing sticks..  (inside joke)

The whole group gathered for dinner..  minus Lissa who is taking the picture.

I LOVE the light in this picture.. 




One thing that made the weekend so perfect was the weather.  We have had such a hot summer but for some reason the weather changed for us and it was gorgeous all weekend..  Sooo thankful for that.

After returning home we just had to continue to be outside to soak up all the weather..  I feel like we have missed so much park time so it was Great to go play and not just boil in the sun.

Em and Rhylan being cute holding hands.



When the girls are together we continue to get asked if they are twins..  I guess I can see why.


These are from the Botanical Gardens.  They just had a big play day with lots of balls, balloons and bubbles.. We always have such a good time a Lil Sprouts.



OK....   VERY PROUD MOMMA MOMENT.  Little Rhylan was playing with this ball and one of the workers came up to her and tried to play with her.
I'm not sure if Rhylan felt she was just too close or that she was afraid she was going to take her ball or what.  But whatever it was it upset Rhylan.  Her bottom lip just puckered out.. And then she began to cry.  The lady didn't leave immediately so Rhylan then began to cry a little harder.
Miss Emerson Kate was observing this from about 20 feet away and began to walk over.  I wasn't exactly sure what Em was going to do..  But she walked clear over to Rhylan and wrapped her arms all the way around Rhylan and just held her..  It was just SO SWEET..  Then she put her cheek up to Rhylan's and looked at her with the face of "it's ok friend...  I"m here"  I seriously thought my heart was going to expode out of my chest..   There is nothing more that I can ask as a mother than to have a child with a kind heart.. 






No comments: