This week has been so nice. I have had very little on my calendar so it has been so fabulous to just hang out and do a lot of nothing. We have just been going and going so much this summer so it was a breath of fresh air to just hang out.
 |
| Emerson did a lot of this... drawing.. Still seems to be one of her favorite past times. Matter of fact this day she drew so much she had to lay her little head down to rest awhile... So cute. Also please notice the hand she is using.. I know this could change but for now she very much favors her left hand when doing just about anything. |
 |
On one particular afternoon I was on the phone with a client and little Miss got out her crayons and markers.. Up until this point she has not really done anything more than draw on paper or in her coloring books or pads.. But she popped off the marker top and turned and looked at me with this "I'm about to do something and I'm pretty sure you are not going to like it" smile. She would draw on her leg.. stop and turn and look at me.. I would give her my disapproving look and she would do it again. After it was all said and done my little artist was just about head to toe in her new body art. Thankfully these were erasable markers.. and deep down it just make me smile. |
 |
|
 |
Then later in the afternoon ZuZu took over while I went to pamper myself with a pedicure.. A LONG overdue pedicure. I also went and showed a few properties while I was out too.
And this is what I came home to. Little Miss Artist decided it was time to decorate the tile flooring in the entry way.
Hmmmmm... I have a feeling this is just the beginning.. |
Speaking of ZuZu... I captured a few moments of grand kid bliss this week as well. Victoria and Anderson traveled to Pennsylvania this week to go visit their family and get away for the rest of the summer. So we had them over for one last family dinner and to get some lovin before they went away for awhile.. You can tell they pretty much think their ZuZu is the best thing since sliced bread.
 |
|
 |
Every since Em was a little baby she has always enjoyed having one binky in her mouth and one in her hand.. This is the way she would fall asleep every single time... As time went on I realized that she was actually using this second binky as her security.. Most kids have a blanket or a baby or even a stuffed animal.. But not Emerson.. She likes a second binky. Well it dawned on me that when it was time to wean her from her binky.. (Hopefully sooner than later) that it was going to be extra hard because not only would I be having to convince her that her binky was going away but also her security..
This could not be good. So I've been really trying to offer her items to hopefully convert her to a new security..
Well thankfully, on her own, she took to her little stuffed otter. Who we all now refer to as Josh. I actually think she was calling him squash but it sounded like Josh. So it stuck. So now we have Josh in our lives and it makes momma happy to know that soon when binky goes away that my baby still has her security... in Josh. |
 |
| When one bink just doesn't do the trick. |
 |
The Girls (Emerson and Rhylan) shopping at Target.. They both zoomed right to the electronics and knew exactly what to do.
We were suppose to go to Concert in the Park but it got rained out.. No complaints here :) So they moved the concert to an Airplane hanger at Drake field.. Of course not the same as the park but the band was good and we all enjoyed ourselves.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment