Monday, December 26, 2011

My heart is FULL

For as long as I can remember I've dreamed of what it would be like to share Christmas with my child.   I knew in my heart that time would come but just didn't know when.   It is no secret that my Emerson has changed my life and has made me the happiest mommy EVER..  But during this holiday season it has just made me slow down a bit and soak in the moments because this being our FIRST Christmas.  I loved watching her see all the new and exciting things that the Christmas season brings..  The music, the lights, the stories, the colors...  it was so cool see the WOW in her eyes..   

The days leading up to Christmas was very laid back and I tried to just enjoy our time together..  I'm used to traveling during the holidays..  So to be at home and not having to deal with the rush of travel was very nice.  Bittersweet of course because this meant not getting to spend time with our Texas family and extended family but there is something to say about staying at home.

Christmas Eve we were to all go as a family to Christmas Eve services..  Mom ended up staying at home to watch Anderson and to rest due to her being sick the past couple of days.  Andy, Christine, Victoria, Emerson and I went to New Heights and enjoyed a beautiful service.  Emerson was fantastic..  She loved the music and flirting with all the new people around her.  It made me proud when we were packing up to leave and the man behind me made a comment that she was the happiest baby that he has ever seen.  He said she smiled at him from ear to ear the entire service.  Of course all the rest of the time the goof ball was attempting to do a back flip off momma's lap.  (New trick of hers and that is all she wants to do these days)

The typical Emerson expression

Em is starting to stand without assistance...and is very proud of herself


Anderson is constantly taking care of Emerson's needs..  whether she wants him to or not :)  If she cries while he is around he runs to find her paci and shoves it in her mouth..  This little interaction was precious..   He put his sippie cup in her mouth then take it out and replace it with her paci..And then start over. 


After services we all went to Andy and Christine's to exchange a few gifts and visit..  I wanted to start a tradition of buying the kiddos Christmas pj's for them to wear Christmas night so we decided this would be the best time to exchange..  They were so cute all looking sweet in their coordinating Christmas jammies.


From there I went home to put Em to bed..  Mom came over to stay with us and be there for when Santa arrived.  Mom was sent to bed early so she could rest and have good energy for the crazy day ahead..  So glad she did because she seemed to be much better when she woke up.

I played it pretty low key with Santa this year..  Em just doesn't understand the whole present/Santa thing so I decided it really wasn't too necessary to get crazy..  Of course we had to do some though :)


I woke up to find a horse in my living room...  hmmm

And I'm pretty sure I don't like it just yet..  ZuZu help me


Mom packed up and headed home so she could start preparing Christmas dinner at her house..  I followed shortly..  About mid day the rest of the gang showed up.    Everyone opened presents and it was fun to watch the kiddos with all their new toys..   We had a wonderful Christmas dinner and we were quick to go outside to enjoy the gorgeous day..    Santa had brought Victoria and Anderson a car so we all headed to the cul-de-sac for a quick driving lesson.  Anderson wouldn't have anything to do with the car and we were worried about Victoria for awhile but quickly she was a pro.  Hand/Eye/Foot coordination takes a little time but I was quite impressed how easy it was for her to learn.  Little Emerson was watching from the side-lines and I realized that she was super excited when Victoria would drive by..  So I placed her in the front seat of the car thinking she would probably throw a fit...  but nope..  Not my girl.  She had a ball.  Obviously I had to run along the side of them so I could hold her but the girls were super cute riding all around ZuZu's cul-de-sac.


Such a sweet picture






Emerson with her ZuZu
and happy with mommy



Merry Christmas Everyone...  I hope it was as special and as wonderful as ours

No comments: