Friday, December 2, 2011

Get-a-way, Thanksgiving and new ride

First off....  sorry for the lack of posting.   Until now my blog has been broken..  Long story but after finally giving it some thought I figured out the problem and and now I'm back in business..   Errrr

November has come and gone and it is so crazy to think we are already moving into the Christmas season.  I just can't help remember all of my feeling this time last year..  So excited to be getting near the time of meeting my daughter.  Excited..  a tiny bit scared...  but more than anything just anxious to see what is ahead of me.

This month we had a cabin weekend scheduled and after some thought decided it would be good for me to get away for a tad without the little kid.  As much as I LOVE to spend all my time with her it is also necessary for momma to re-charge.  Thankfully my mom, ZuZu, rocks and agreed to keep her so that I could have some time with my friends and chill.    Our time at the cabin was nice and certainly relaxing but it was not anything like we are used to or even we were expecting..  Not to get into yucky details but lets just say a good part of our group got the stomach bug..  We had to close off half the cabin because we needed to keep all the bugs in one place.  :)
The camera doesn't come out much while we are at the cabin,  Part of the fun of going is no makeup is packed and no attention is given to making yourself even look presentable.

I forgot to mention little peanut did join us for the first 24 hours to visit





 After we came home it was time to get ready for Thanksgiving.  I hosted this year so it made things really nice to not have to worry about too much except making sure the house was clean.  We all pitched in and all cooked and just had a very laid back day.
Bayleigh thought it was Christmas :)

ZuZu and her girls





Anderson and his feast

  Victoria


Anderson was giving a cookie with a bunch of orange and red icing.. 

It looked disgusting by the time he had it from head to toe.. 

Now that the extended family has grown we have realized there is a great need for a larger car in the family.  Well...  since I was up for a larger car I decided to trade in my car and get a mini-van.  So I'm now officially a soccer mom and own my own mini-van.   It's a cool one.  It does just about anything you need it to.  I'm pretty sure if I asked it to cook my dinner it would.  :)   I love it.
It's big enough for the whole family but still stylish enough that I feel cool driving it.


And just two more random pics that I thought were cute.

Some mornings Em decides to get up a little earlier than I wish...  so I just put her in bed with me and she sleeps for another couple of hours.  I just LOVE to wake up and cuddle with my little punkin doodles.

Em just crawled up to Bayleigh and just sat and babbled to her.  I'm pretty sure Bay didn't even lift her head but it was super cute.


No comments: