We've had such a super week. Lots of fun and hopefully the beginning of some great Christmas traditions.
As I said in my last post our week had started in Texas visiting family. We returned home on Monday afternoon. Unfortunately Emerson and I both caught yucky colds. So I tried my best to get us well and stay home and stay out of the weather. Wednesday morning Meg came to visit.. It has been WAY too long since she has seen Emerson so she found a break in her very busy schedule to come get some Emerson cuddles and visit. We made the best of our short time together and had a great visit.




On Thursday we loaded up the car with the family and headed to Silver Dollar City. I've heard for years that it is quite magical at Christmas and I've been dying to go see for myself. Well now that we have three kiddos in the family it was a great excuse to go. Since it is not easy to pack up and go even a short trip with 3 kids under 4 years old we decided to make it easy on ourselves and rent a condo just down the street from Silver Dollar City.. AND since we are there we might as well stay for two days.. So we did. :) I'm so glad we did. There was SO much to see even for kids as small as ours. It certainly topped my expectations.
It was BEAUTIFUL... and very magical.
My words can't do it justice. Just an amazing site to see. Just watching the kids jaws drop seeing all the lights and all the music was just the greatest thing to watch. I hope to make this an annual trip and I would love for Emerson to enjoy these trips as much as I did.
 |
| the picture does not do this justice.. AT ALL.. but this was a beautiful 5 story tree that had lights that danced to the music. |
 |
| waiting for the Christmas parade |
 |
| ZuZu and all her babies.. all bundled up. |
 |
| Enjoying our downtime at the condo |
 |
| and as always Zuzu is knitting away |
 |
| Anderson... Mr. Charmer |
 |
| Day 2 at Silver Dollar City.. Enjoying it in the daytime |
 |
| Anderson on his leash |
 |
| Miss Em looking cute in her warm coat |
 |
| First attempt at Santa Clause |
 |
| She decided he wasn't that bad after all |
 |
| Victoria waiting on the train |
 |
| Emerson playing with the big kids light sword.. |
 |
| The kids fort |
No comments:
Post a Comment