Monday, July 4, 2011

Lots of fun firsts

What a great week..  Busy as usual.     Lots going on at the Crenshaw house.  We started off the week with a scare but thankfully quickly learned it wasn't as bad as we thought.  Griffin, my fur baby, had surgery last week to remove a mass on his ankle.  On Monday I went in to have the staples removed and was told the mass was cancerous and they needed to go back in and have the cells around it removed.  I was so bumbed.  I hate it when my babies are sick especially learning it was cancer.  Well the Doctor told me that if they did this surgery and removed the remaining cells then the future looked very bright.  The next day I called the vet's to determine when we were going to schedule the surgery and learned that the surgery wasn't necessary.  Something was read incorrectly and the cells surrounding the tumor had already been removed appropriately.  No YAY...  no more surgery needed.   We will keep our eye on the tumor site but hopefully this is put behind us. 

Several First happend this week and one of them was Emerson eating cereal for the first time..  In her highchair with a spoon and everything.  The first night wasn't so good.  She wasn't too interested.  But the second night was a different story and she gobbled it all right up.

Y
Yummy...  Cereal!!!

Wednesday Katie called and asked if we wanted to join them at the Botanical Gardens.  Mom and I had already made plans to go eat dinner but we thought it sounded like fun so we just decided to do both.  The Botanical Gardens had an event called Red, White and Bloom which featured the NW Arkansas Wind Symphony.  It was quite hot at first but after the sun went down it became pleasant..   We just sat in the gardens and people brought their a picnic dinner and lawn chairs.   Unfortunately I left in miserable pain.  Still not sure exactly what happened but I had a crazy pain in my side for over 24 hours..  Thought it might be kidney stones but it ended up going away about as fast as it came on.  Hmmm..  weird.
Emerson chillin with Kira, Katies niece. 

Stylin Rhylan


Mom with Rhylan

On Sunday we were invited to Emerson's first Pool Party.  Tiffany's mom has a pool in her backyard and she was kind enough to crash her house for the day.  :)    It was Emerson's first time swimming and I'm pretty sure she enjoyed herself.  She didn't seem to be a bit scared of the water and just kicked her feet and was a happy camper.  I'm tellin you it seems like she get better and better as the days go on.  So content..  just about all the time..  This makes momma very very happy.

Too cool for school

Swimmin with my momma

a little shut eye from all that swimming

I love my Uncle Chad.

Pretty in Pink...  My precious little girl all dressed up and ready to lounge by the pool


On the 4th we were invited to the Breshears for a BBQ.  They live at one of the tallest points in Fayetteville so the view from their deck is AMAZING...  We all hung out inside until it became more bearable outside.  The heat has just been ugly lately.  Then as the sun began to set we headed outside to watch the fireworks..  You could see fireworks everywhere.  Emerson was a kick..  Several times she even Ooooo'd and Awwwww'd at the appropriate times after a great display..  It was so funny.   Didn't seem to bother her a bit except the one time Katie and I both decided one of them were headed straight toward us and we about jumped off the deck trying to get away from them.  Both Em and Rhylan started screaming but I'm pretty sure it was from their mother's fast reactions not the fireworks themselves.  Took a few pics but the didn't turn out..  bummer. 

and..................We have a roller.  It wasn't her first time but this weekend was the first time that it was
done with so much intention..  Look out world.  Here she comes :)

No comments: