Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Emerson's first trip to Texas

Now that Emerson is happier riding in her car seat I knew it was time to head South..  Tons of family missed her..  And even family that have yet to even meet her await.  I know July is the worst time to go to Texas but nothing was going to stop us from spreading the joy of Little Miss Sunshine..

Mom, Libby (her dog), Emerson and I piled in the car Thursday and headed to Sherman.  We went to Judy's house (mom's dear friend)..  She has been dying to see Emerson so we stayed with her for the night.  It was so good to see her and visit.   I forgot to break out my camera so might taking her picture.
Friday we headed to Carrollton.  I'm pretty sure it was about 180 degrees (or maybe it was more like 108)..  Doesn't matter it was HOT...   Thank goodness for air conditioning..  that's all I have to say.  :)
We went to Ohmie and Poppy's where we were greeted with open arms and lots of smiles.  Of course I'm pretty sure that they didn't even realize I was there..  Went straight for the backseat to grab the baby and they were off.   (I'm so used to this by now so its ok)  :)

Aunt Courtney, Uncle Jimmy, Austin and Blake (Em's cousins) came by that evening.  It is so darn cute to watch these boys with her.  Blake loves her for sure but my goodness Austin I think would take her home with him in a New York second if I let him.  He is SO cute with her.  


You know you like someone when you put your feet all over their face  :)


Poppy and Emerson hangin out

Emerson has a love for Giraffes (ok maybe her momma does)..  So Ohmie brought out a big giraffe for her to play with.. Of course you have to strip off your diaper and go naked when playing with giraffe's...  right?

This girl LOVES her carrots..

Awwwwwww


My Great Grandma Wo dressed just like me today

So I know I like Carrots...  How about Peaches...

Umm..  does this tell you anything??

ZuZu and Em having a little story time


Bath time in the kitchen sink

Getting kisses from Ohmie

Yay!!  I love Ohmie kisses

Just lookin cute as always

All chilled out and ready for bed with Aunt Courtney



My Grandmother Crenshaw was diagnosed with Alzheimer's years ago..  13 I think.   Over the years we have watched her go down hill and sadly have witnessed her loose her memory and now not even recognizing people that mean the world to her.  This woman is so sweet.  I know I'm suppose to say that because she is my grandmother...  but it's true.  She is the definition of kind.  I have memories that stretch back as far as a little bitty girl and I will forever hold them close to my heart.    When I was planning on making this trip I wanted to make sure I went to visit my Grandma.  I wanted her to meet her new Great Grand Daughter.  That was Very important to me.    Well lets just say the first part of the visit didn't go as smooth as planned but with Grandma we knew that the mood would swing soon so we just waited it out.  And thank goodness we did.   Mom had brought Libby as well and I'm pretty sure she is what brought Grandma out of her funk.  So when I saw this I ran over and wanted to take advantage of a happy sweet Grandma..  When I sat down beside her it was almost like she recognized me..  She reached for my face and pulled it towards hers and kissed me at least a dozen times..  She also reached for my hand so sweetly and just kept talking to me and kissing my hand.  Of course I did not understand one word she said but it didn't matter.  It was the look in her eyes that I recognized..  It was the love in her eyes that I never want to forget.  THAT was my grandma.  The memory of that day will ALWAYs fill my heart.   I love you Grandma..
4 Generations of Crenshaw's

Libby coming to the rescue

Sweet hands

I'm pretty sure Emerson was promised a fish tank when she got home..  She loved the fish..

This was when I'm pretty sure my heart exploded with joy

(no words needed)

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Oh my word Emerson is so stink'in beautiful! And that last picture is the most beautiful of all! So special and so fun that you made the trip! Now you need to make a trip across town to see the Harris girls;)