Sunday, August 1, 2010

I can't let anymore moments slip by

Wow... I have sat and looked at this blank page for long enough. I have so many things to say and so much to catch up on and it seems like with every moment life is slipping away.
First of all I think it is best just to really start fresh. I could just start a brand new blog because I almost feel like I'm starting a new life but that won't work. I need to hold the memories that I did take the time to write about stay where they are.
So.... I will just begin. You have to start somewhere right?

I have several friends that were good followers of my blog for the time that I was writing and months and months ago they complained to me... "Kelly... what are you waiting for" Get back to writing in your blog. And in my heart I just didn't feel like it was the right time. I was just in a funk... Really just in a holding pattern in life waiting for something to happen. So I just could not bring myself to write about just my day to day life. Well that is what this is for... right? I'm not really writing this for all to read so much.. But I'm writing this so I can cherish my memories of my life.

But now.... I'm thankful to say that I'm out of my funk... out of the holding pattern and moving forward full steam ahead. Why you ask? Well ............ The main reason is my life long dream has come true... well part of it anyway. I'm pregnant.. I'm going to be a mommy. I am thrilled and excited and over-joyed. Honestly I really am not sure if there is a word to describe the feelings I have when I think about how my life is about to change in such a dramatic way in a short 6 months. I am due on February 14, yes my little Valentine Baby. I have so much more to say about all of this but that will come in due time. But for now I'm back. And I'm HAPPY!!!

To be honest what finally slapped me in the face to start my blog at this exact moment is my dear and wonderful friend Lissa. I just returned from her home after spending the weekend in Columbia for our 3rd Annual Wine and Wii Weekend. It was great and wonderful as always but this time it was extra special. Lissa was able to have 3 of her 4 children with her all weekend and it was such a pleasure watching her enjoy her children's company. Mind you her kids are not really kids anymore. But with life and everything so busy all the time it is rare for her to have her children with her and especially 3 of them and for the entire weekend. Lissa just started a blog herself after being an avid blog reader herself (she has me to think for that one) But it is what she points out in her blog that makes me realize that I can't waste anymore time. Time with your children is short... Watching your babies grow, go to school, move out.... all those things happen in a blink of an eye.. So while driving home this afternoon I realize that I am already petrified of missing those moments.. Then I quickly realize this is exactly why I started this blog in the first place. To record my thoughts, memories and just life..

So really what I am getting at is I feel like I was given a really good Heads Up this weekend. It is like I was being whispered... "Kelly here is your chance.... don't let any of it pass you by.... Enjoy every second of every day and don't rush a minute because if you blink you might miss something. Man I feel like screaming it from the rooftops... !!!!

Like I said I have lots to say and lots to catch up on but I'm not going to do it all in one post... For now I'm going to relax after a great weekend with friends and look forward to many many more memories ahead.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

So happy you are back and so happy you are so happy! Life does go by in a blink. You never really realize ut until you watch your babies grow!

Lissa said...

Love you so very much my beautiful Kelly! I'm writing this with tears streaming. I was super excited to see you had worked on your blog. I had a feeling... :o) Happy Birthday BTW! Look how far we've come!