Sunday, September 26, 2010

The BEST day of my life

This past Tuesday was a VERY anticipated day. It was my scheduled appointment to view my little punkin (which I had not seen via U/S in 14 weeks). I was counting the minutes.... just waiting for the moment I laid eyes on my little babe and greatly needed some reassurance that everything looked ok. Not to mention determine whether Baby Crenshaw was a little girl... or a little boy.

Meg, my bestie, arrived the night before to accompany me to this appointment. It was great to know she would be there with me to enjoy this moment together. Tuesday morning I woke up... WAY too Early.. But that was assumed. And as I began to get ready I began losing my excitement.. But instead I had so much worry on my shoulders.. All the what if's that I could possibly think of were popping into my head.. Instead of all the joy that I was anticipating. Literally all the way until I sat on the U/S table I felt like I was either going to pass out or throw up. Neither would have been cool at this point.

The U/S tech decided that it would be best to keep the screen away from me so that she could look herself and take measurements required by the doctor. Thankfully Meg was sitting to where she could view the screen.. And thank GOODNESS she could. I literally had to rely on her facial expressions to calm me down and make me realize that everything was going to be ok. She would smile from ear to ear and it immediately calmed me down. Then came my turn to watch all the excitement. I guess my little babe is an active one.. (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fruit juice I drank on the way to the clinic.... a little trick I learned from other mommies to make sure the baby is awake) My little one was all over the screen and it was just the COOLEST moment EVER!!! As you can see above I was able to see the brain.. the spine, the hands, arm, feet and the HOO HOO!!! Yep... Baby Crenshaw is a Baby Girl!!!!! I have no idea what happened after those words were uttered.. My world was rocked. Every dream and idea of this day just came true and I couldn't believe I was laying there witnessing this wonderful moment. Not because the baby was a Girl but because the baby was.... A baby!!! This is REAL.... this is really happening.

Somehow I made it to the car... Not sure how because I was literally floating and certainly not walking at this point. As I called to spread the news.... My sweet best friend immediately took a much needed trip... To Target. She wanted to be the first one to buy the "Girlie Outfit" Again I'm just floating around... calling everyone I knew and left poor Meg to do what she needed to do. Shop for Pink!!!

We continued our morning at one of our favorite hang outs on Dickson... "Common Grounds". Of course the phone was attached to my ear the whole time but Meg was kind enough to understand..

So here I am.... 6 days later and I think I have finally floated back down to earth. I'm still over the moon happy with more JOY that I thought I was capable of but I am able to focus on a little more than MY LITTLE BABY GIRL...

OH My.... I'm having a DAUGHTER!!! And to top it off I only have 16 ish weeks until I get to meet her in person. I think my heart is going to explode. :)

Love,

Kelly

3 comments:

Lissa said...

I have been WAITING for you to post! I, like everyone, can't wait to meet Miss Emerson Kate! Love you my beautiful Mama friend!

erin oliver said...

Can't wait to monogram things!!!!! And... she'll be the perfect age to marry my Elliot. :)

Rebekah said...

I love this post. I love reading about what a joyous day it was. I love reading about how excited you are. You have so much love to give your sweet girl and you are going to love having a little darling! I love Miss Priss and I love her sweet mommy!!! SO so wonderful!