Last week was a great week.
Early in the week the weather was gorgeous so we decided to have a play date with Rhylan and Katie and Gulley Park. The girls played and played. We packed a picnic and just enjoyed the weather.
| Sweet Friends. |
As we were leaving we decided to see if the girls would enjoy sticking their feet in the creek. It was a warm day so why not. It was a great success. The girls loved playing in the water and throwing rocks and watching them splash. Definitely something we will enjoy doing again this summer.
We were scheduled to go to Texas on Thursday. But watching the weather I noticed that there was a ton of rain headed our way and I HATE driving in the rain. So at the last minute I tossed everything in the car and headed down Wednesday night. Not my normal style to do everything so quickly and not organized but it all worked perfectly. Thankfully I made that decision because a big storm did blow in and even brought Snow.. YEP in May. But it didn't disturb our plans in Texas because the weather was gorgeous there.. Well at least starting on Friday.
I've been dying to take Emerson to the Zoo. She is into animals big time right now so I wanted her to experience the Texas Zoo. So Saturday we loaded up the family and did just that.
| Emerson watching the monkeys with Uncle Jimmy.. They both adore each other and its so cute. (Jimmy and Emerson that is) |
| Poppy, Emerson and Ohmie doing a little bird watching. |
| Notice the upside down glasses.. She wears them that way every single time.. Silly girl |
| Blake, Em and Jimmy watching the elephants |
| This was so much fun.. We were able to get right up to the giraffes. And Em even got to feed them. She was so excited |
yes... that squeal is my daughter.. I'm thinking she liked the giraffe :))
| snack time |
| see the fear in her eyes.. this is her observing the Merry Go Round.. Yep.. IT WAS HORRIFYING!!! |
Did you hear that cry of panic and pure fear?? Yep. That's my girl.. She will let a giraffe practically lick her teeth.. But she seriously thought the world was going to come to an end on the Merry Go Round. And what is even more odd .. is that the moment we stepped foot off she continued to ask for me to take her back on it. Even though that panic lasted the entire time and everyone riding or even near seriously thought I was the worst mom in the world for dragging her kid onto such a horribly scary ride. LOL
| Em loves to take my picture.. of course she sees me stick the camera in her face 24/7 so I only think its fair. She's so cute and says "Momma I take picture of you" and waits for me to say CHEESE |
Sunday was another gorgeous day. We did lots of playing in the back yard and went down to the neighborhood park.
| Bubbles |
| love that smile |
| Hi my pretty |
| the ever popular sandbox |
| The path to the park |
I'm not sure who enjoys this more.. Poppy or Emerson. But it is sweet nonetheless..
Poppy has an app on his IPAD of Puff the Magic Dragon. He will sing and/or read the story and she will just watch and listen and play along. Precious memories
Good Times and Good Memories..
No comments:
Post a Comment