Uggg.... The weather has just been weird this year... One day we are in the 70's and its absolutely gorgeous.. The next day we are bundling up because its freezing outside.
Good Grief Spring.. Can't you just come and stay for awhile?
Thankfully we have been able to take advantage of some of those warm days and get outside and play. A couple of weekends ago we were invited to go camping with the Bridgers clan. There was a time in my life that I much preferred to only camp in a tent. But now (probably because I'm spoiled) my dear friends Lisa and Chad have a camper.. So I really don't ever see going back to tent camping.. Especially with my little sidekick. This is our first trip camping of the season and I was super curious how little Miss Emerson would do. And so was great.. She played with Emily who is almost 5 and Caroline who is 8. Oh and we can't forget their dog Baxter. Emerson still to this day talks about how cute Baxter is.
The girls rode bikes, explored and just enjoyed nature.
 |
| of course we had to have Bubbles.. Uncle Chad wouldn't show up without them :)) |
 |
| Emerson, Emily and Addison |
 |
| Morning Beauty |
 |
| Lisa assisting with the big girl bike ride |
 |
| She's a goof |
Last Monday was gorgeous.. So we wandered down to our favorite Duck pond ...which happens to be a cemetery. This is the perfect spot for the kids to just run and enjoy lots of open space.
 |
| notice her very colorful outfit.. She has begun demanding what she wants to wear and won't have it ANY other way. I had no idea this problem would start so early.. |
 |
These two... so stinkin cute.
Thursday was Farm Friends at the University. I wanted to go last year and missed it for some reason. So this year it was very important we got it on my calendar. Especially since Emerson is into animals big time. There was an incredible amount of people there so Emerson was a little overwhelmed with all the people.. But she adored seeing all the animals and getting to pet a lot of them. |
 |
| This was the donkey. |
 |
| Hello Mr. Goat.. |
 |
| Gimme kiss... Victoria thought this was hysterical. |
 |
| She Looooved the pigs. |
 |
| Victoria being sweet to the little chic.. |
 |
| We thought it was best Anderson just looked. |
 |
| I'm sure you can tell this is fake.. but the kids didn't really know any difference.. They were so excited they got to milk a cow. And did it quite well too. Pretty impressed. |
 |
| Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! |
Today was GORGEOUS!! The perfect Spring day. And I found myself with zero plans. So Emerson and I loaded up and went to the nursery for a few last plants I wanted in my garden. I also needed to replace a few that died in the frost we received this past week.
 |
| Emerson has become the pro throwing the ball for Griffin. Of course he thinks he has died and gone to Heaven. |
 |
| My pretty peanut |
Emerson LOVES to help me in the garden. She has really got to the point were she is actually helpful. She waters, either with her watering can or the hose. She digs holes where I need her too. And also pulls weeds.. I'm not sure how long this will last but I'm loving it..
So.. Mr. Spring. We love you and want you to hang out awhile.. Winter you can go ahead and go home. And Summer.. you are not invited for a little bit either.
No comments:
Post a Comment