Monday, February 11, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Emerson Kate

Dear Sweet Daughter...

Two Years ago today my life changed FOREVER!!!    I still remember hearing your cry for the very first time.  I remember what it felt like when your Zuzu placed you by my head and I got to touch your warm skin for the very first time..  I had NO IDEA how amazing motherhood would be until that very first moment that I got to look into your eyes and call you my daughter..
Even now it makes me cry because I'm just so proud and honored to hold that title.





Emerson Kate...  You make me a better person..  You make me strive to do everything right and to mold you into the best person I know how to be.   You are so beautiful, incredibly smart and to top it off funny.   You have a crazy temper and you are just as hard headed as they come...  but I'm learning to be ok with that because that is what makes you..You! 

We go for your two year check up at the end of the week so I'll record your stats then.  But over all you seem to be just under the "average" weight..   You don't seem to like to eat much..  Except your new favorite "Bonkles"..   Bonkles is actually Sprinkles but your pronounce them Bonkles for some reason.  You can thank your Zuzu for introducing those to you..   I'm pretty sure you get them more often than you should because you say it so cutely.   Yep...  even or Breakfast..  LOL.

Your vocabulary is off the charts..  I think you learn 5-10 words a day..  And say them with ease and fairly well (with a few exceptions)  If I had to guess you can say 150-200 words at this point.

You sleep like a CHAMP.  You nap on average 2 hours a day and go down so easy.  You almost never fuss or complain when I tell you its nap time..  And at night time your even to the point that you grab Josh (your stuffed otter) and head to bed and are asking to get into your crib.   You sleep through the night uninterrupted and usually wake up around 7:30.    I am SO blessed for your great sleeping patterns. 

You still have a great attachment to your binky..  And honestly most of that is my fault..   I'm dreading the day I have to take them away from you so I have just been in denial that it needs to happen.   Same goes as potty training..  You are so aware of the potty and understand what it is for..  You take your babies to the potty even.  I'm almost certain that if I gave it any effort I could potty train you fairly quickly because I think you are ready..  But,  I just haven't done it yet but its coming very soon.

I registered you for Fayetteville Creative School this weekend..  You will begin in September and go to class on Tuesdays and Thursdays..   I'm looking forward to watching you learn and become more comfortable around children your own age. 

You're growing up quick my little precious..  As much as I hate to see you grow at the same time its fun to see you mold into your own little self..  I am one proud momma!!!

Kisses baby girl  and Happy Birthday my love!

-Mommy




No comments: