Monday, September 3, 2012

Bye-bye Summer


 It has been such a fun Summer I'm almost sad to see it almost over..  But the good thing is that Fall is right around the corner and I love Fall in the Ozarks..  I can practically smell Fall scented candles, beautiful Fall Foliage and of course Razorback Football.  Go HOGS!!    SO many memories were make with Emerson this past summer but I look forward to everything coming up with all the holidays.  She is just in such a fun age I'm pretty sure Christmas this year is going to be one for the record books..  She gets so darn excited just to see a bird fly across the sky..  I can't even begin to think what it will be like to see her experiencing the magic of Christmas..  So Excited!!

The County Fair was here this week so Katie and I decided to take the girls over to see all the animals..  They are both at the age of learning all the animals and their sounds so it was perfect to go show them face to face..  Emerson was not too keen on the Cows..  just too intimidating for her.  But the ducks, sheep, goats, rabbits..  and of course the chickens were all a hit. 


 

Duck.....duck...

I often wonder what these two talk about sometimes..


This was a one week old baby calf..  She stayed curled up and let the girls pet her..  They were just so excited.  I seriously think Em thought it was Bayleigh or maybe Libby.  She was very confident in bending down and petting and hugging this little calf. 

Em kept sticking her fingers in the cages to pet the bunnies..  I was scared to death on of them was going to turn around and bite her..  Thankfully that never happened.

Oh...  Little Miss Em was in Chicken heaven..  I think she said Cluck Cluck about a million times..  There was just rows and rows of them..


Oh...  I almost forgot..  Emerson Kate Crenshaw FINALLY says Momma.  I seriously thought she was playing a sick joke on me and making me suffer..  She has a vocabulary of approximately 30 words and the child was not saying Momma..  Well she is now and it is the best sound in the world..  Everybody keeps telling me that I will get tired of it soon and I'm sure I will.  But for now she can say it all she wants to because I think it is just about the coolest word EVER..

On Labor Day weekend The Breshears kindly invited us to go out on a Pontoon boat they had rented for the day.  This was actually the first time Em had ever been on a boat and she had such a great time. The weather was perfect..  The lake was oddly quiet and we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves.  


These two had me hysterically laughing in their life jackets..  For the first 30 minutes or so they were like stiffs.  After awhile they realized they could move around in them more but it was funny stuff for awhile..  It was also SUPER relaxing sitting in this back seat on the boat right over the motor..  The hum and vibration just about put us all to sleep.






OK...  so I'm still laughing about this picture..    to me the caption to read.. 
"Hey..  don't you realize that I just peed in this lake which is why that water is yellow?" 
of course I must say that Rhylan never actually drank this nor did I notice Em ever peeing..  But still this pic is just so funny to me..   

Playing hard at the lake is HARD work.

Last weekend we took a quick trip to Texas to see the family.  I hoping to pick up some extra work starting in the Fall so I wanted to make sure I got one more trip in before that commitment.
 

We had gone to one of the malls and they had an ice skating rink.  Em was very interested in what they were doing and had her face all smashed up against the glass watching all the moves.. 

I finally caved and bought Emerson her first Lego's.  I knew they would be something she would enjoy but having a bunch of Lego pieces around the house to pick up and step on was not something I was looking forward to.  Well so far Em is a fan so I'm happy I got them. 

Em sitting in Ohmie's lap reading one of her favorite books.

From Poppy and Ohmie's house you can see a lot of planes fly overhead going into Love Field.  So after Breakfast one morning we decided to take her over to one of the smaller private airports so she could see the planes up close and watch them land and take off.  As expected she was very impressed.  :)




No comments: