Monday, July 9, 2012

Anderson's 2nd Birthday and 4th of July

Summer is in Full Swing..  Loving our life and enjoying all the fun that summer brings. 
I signed Emerson up for swimming lessons this year and SO glad I did..  I really felt it helped her become more familiar with the water and know that it is not a scary thing.  I'm sure we will do it again next year but for now I feel confident that she is in a good place with her skills.

The babies in our family are growing up..  Mr Anderson..  or Dude as I like to call him turned 2 at the end of June.  We celebrated with a backyard BBQ and all his favorite water toys.  It was blazing hot outside but still fun .  They were in and out of the pool and up and down the slide more times than I could possibly count.  Dad, Tonda, Wo, Courtney and the boys all came up to celebrate which made things just that more special.

Always a favorite...  CAKE!!!
The little kids with Ohmie making salad

Little naked butt..  Emerson Kate

mmmm...  cake for me too please..
This picture is a HUGE sign of the times..  Emerson who is one years old showing her grandmother (80+) how to use the Iphone..  Classic

Austin.. (my oldest nephew) decided one evening to cook us a little dinner..  Pizza.    I just can't believe how big he is getting..  I literally feel like it was yesterday that I was holding him just weeks after he was born. 

We took most of the gang to the Botanical Gardens..  It really was just too hot to enjoy it like we wanted to..  We stayed just short of an hour and decided it was best we got out of that ugly heat.  But the kids chatted with the chickens and Austin enjoyed taking pictures of the Butterflies..  And a memory that I don't want to forget is at the very end of our outing.  Dad had Wo..  (my grandmother who is in her upper 80's) in the wheelchair just to allow her to enjoy her garden visit easier.  She doesn't necessarily need it but decided it would be easier.  Well Courtney and kids and I were already up by the main building and looked down to see what was taking dad and Wo so long when we see Wo literally laying in the grass lawn.  ROLLING..  And we thought..  Holy Cow did she fall??  Well come to find out Wo just wanted to roll in the nice grass..  Thought it would be fun..    :)))

Em found some rocks in the Butterfly garden

Emerson and Ohmie strolling through the garden

Austin and Blake.. Courtney and I loaded up the big boys, Victoria and Em and went to the Cave at War Eagle..  This was Austins request while we were here..  It was perfect and lots of fun. 
Darn..  this was taken on my iphone and a little small.  But this is all of us at War Eagle Mill eating lunch.

Anderson crawled in bed with Austin..  too cute.



On July 4th we decided we wanted to spend as much time together as a family.  We found a cool pool in Prairie Grove that the kids just love..  ok us adults love it too.  So after naps we headed to the pool for awhile..  Then came back home..  ate a very quick bite and then went to the Naturals Stadium for music and fireworks..  I was a little nervous because it had been a long day in the sun and was nervous the kids were going to be just so tired but they all did great..  Really great actually. 
Lots of people watching..
I may be cool...  but I still gotta have my animal crackers  :))))))


Miss Sass Pants.  Marches around like she owns the place.

my little precious peanut..  I just can't ever get enough of this kid!!!


The girls...  Victoria is really starting to go through a "mothering" phase..  She is always holding Emerson's hand and making sure she is happy.  I even caught them playing "baby" the other day..  She was the momma and Em was the baby.  So darn cute.

So Em LOVES balloons.. (what kid doesn't, right?)  And for some reason she has always called them Ga's..  All balls and balloons are Ga's.  Well they were giving away helium balloons at the stadium and of course every few minutes one would get turned loose and fly into the sky.  Well Em would just get so excited watching them as they would float away..  She would say very loudly..  Bye bye Ga..   Of course the other two caught on and started saying it too. 
I just loved watching her great expressions as she watched.. 




Em just loves her ZuZu..   

No comments: