Sunday, May 20, 2012

Overdue visit

I've been dying to see my best friend Meg...  It's been months since we have seen her and even then it was an extremely short visit.  So we found an opening on both our calendars and have been looking forward to getting together.  So this past Tuesday Emerson and I loaded up the car and headed north to Kansas City.  I'm almost scared to write this but..  Emerson is getting to be such a good traveler.  I "try" to drive during her nap times but this trip she only slept 45 minutes of the 3.5 hour drive and did fantastic.  And on the way home she didn't sleep at all and was just as happy as can be.  I just have to make sure I have her car toy box at my finger tips so when she throws a toy I immediately have back up ready. 



On Thursday we hit the Kansas City Zoo.  This place is huge so we only scratched the surface of what all there is to see..  But with a one year old and a warm day its hard to do more than 4 or so hours outside.  We had a great time..  It was a beautiful day and in the middle of the week and it wasn't crowded at all.  I think Meg and I enjoyed seeing the animals more than Em did but she had fun with all there was to see. 

You can't see him too well but there is a Polar Bear lounging in the background..  He was so cute.  I'm pretty sure he enjoyed showing off with his swimming and back flips.  The kids got a big kick out of him..  OK..  so did the adults  :)

Emerson and Mommy on the train



Chillin in her stroller..

Just a couple of weeks ago ZuZu taught Emerson what a lions says...  And she would Roar..  So when we rounded the corner and saw the lion I was curious to see if she would roar..   Instead she pointed at the Lion and said..  "Kitty cat"..  well close enough.  :)   
We got to go inside a viewing area and luckily there was a lion sitting right in front of the glass..  And this is where Em says...   Rooooooaaaaaarrrrr.

The Chimps...  These guys were a HOOT..  These guys above were relaxing to the max..  While others where picking on each other and grooming, etc.  Then these guys below literally were having a little make out session off by themselves..  Then they would pet each other so gently. 


Bye Bye Zoo...  We will be back...

That evening we came back to the house and chilled a bit.  Then Meg and Taryn prepared a YUMMY dinner as we sat outside on the patio and enjoyed each others company and the gorgeous evening. 
Em getting some lovin from Aunt Taryn

On Thursday we decided to take it easy and just play around the house awhile and let take a good nap.  Then we decided to go to the Plaza..  (oh how I love the Plaza)  We ate a nice light lunch and strolled the Plaza and watched the people pass by. 

I had told Meg how much Em enjoyed the Splash Park in Dallas so we decided to go check out one downtown Kansas City.  Once we got there we quickly determined it was a little much for Emerson.  The water was just a little much for her but she did enjoy watching all the other kiddos being crazy kids.  I'm pretty sure we will visit again when she is a little more confident with water.

Hi my pretty girl.

Such a great visit..  As always it was WAY too short but I'm pretty sure we made the best of the time we had.  Thanks Aunt Meg and Aunt Taryn for hanging out with us and showing us such a wonderful time in KC.!!!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Come back soon! Love the pics :-)