This week Em had her One year check up.. She got two thumbs up from Dr. Greer and once again he said she was perfect.. I asked him what I could do to make her quit growing because it's all happening way too fast... and he simply said.. Well stop feeding her..that ought to do the trick.. LOL. I love her Doc.. he is not only a great doctor but I've always enjoyed his sense of humor :)
Her stats were 20.3 lbs (25%), 28 inches (25%) and head was (90%) she continues to follow the Crenshaw trend of big headed babies.. I say it's because she is so dang smart.
I have very much enjoyed watching how much Emerson loves her ki kat.. She has got to the point where she will call for her ki kat and zoe will come to her.. Then they run off together and play. Seriously it is so darn cute. I never in a million years thought Zoe would be so much a part of Em's life.. But they are buds for sure.
 |
| Last week Emerson was pretty quiet so I went looking for her... and this is what I found. I sat and watched for some time.. Literally she would read her book and Zoe would roll around listening to her.. So sweet. |
 |
I just adore these pictures.. So cute.. This was the following day.. Emerson always looks for where the sun is shining into the windows... And so does Zoe the cat. So this day she was sitting in the sun playing with her bunny and Zoe was perched in the window observing..
Emerson is also pretty enamored by Griffin.. Griffin likes her but she LOVES her Griffin. |
 |
| For awhile this scenario worried me.. You just never know how dogs will react when someone gets near when they are eating.. Well after the 498th time of pulling Em away I've realized they could care less... |
 |
Here's your toy Griffin..
On Thursday we went to the library for baby bookworms.. And afterwards we all gathered at the park to play and have a picnic.. It was gorgeous outside and so much fun to watch all the kids play.. Actually this was really the first time since Emerson starting walking that we've been to the park and she actually got to experience what the park is actually all about.. This time momma didn't have to carry her everywhere.. Instead I was following her EVERYWHERE... because she wouldn't sit still for a second.. |
Wardrobe change... :)
On Sunday we decided we wanted to head over to Gentry to go to the local Drive-thru safari.. I had been a long time ago and obviously that was pre-child.. So I have been looking forward to taking the family and seeing it through the eyes of a child.. And I was not disappointed.. Such a good time.
 |
| Not everyday you look in your mirror and see an Emu following you.. |
 |
| We pulled all the kids out of the car seats so they could see much better.. Emerson had a blast sitting in Zuzu's lap and looking at all the animals. |
 |
| Love the zebras |
 |
| these two were having a stare off |
 |
| Look................... |
 |
so excited
|
 |
| some of the animals just walked right up to the car and even slobbered on the windows.. I was actually surprised the kids didn't get scared... But nope.. they thought it was great fun. |
 |
| Well Hello Victoria |
 |
This is a little bit like Jurassic Park
|
 |
| This dude just walked straight up to the car.. Actually we had to wait for him to step aside so we could drive down the road.. |
 |
More fantastic zebras
|
 |
| After the drive through we stopped for a pee break and a snack.. From there we walked over to see more of the zoo and to pet the animals.. |
 |
| Victoria petting a baby monkey |
 |
| baby goat.. I love that Emerson has no fear.. just jumps right in there |
 |
| Em and her Zuzu |
 |
| Oh look... Emerson does have a Mommy :) |
Mom grabbed the camera and was actually able to catch some shots of the two of us.. (Which very rarely happens since I'm usually behind the lens.). Yay!!!
What a fantastic week...
No comments:
Post a Comment