Anyway..
This time last year I remember this weekend very well. The weather was nuts and it was in the forcast to get a BIG winter storm.. Of course I was a tad bit nervous considering I was pregnant and due within just days. Ironically mom had just traded in her Mini Cooper for a larger vehicle since she knew carting a baby around in a Mini Cooper was just not going to fly. What we did not know at the time was that her new car a ,Honda SUV, would save our butts from all the yucky weather that was dumped on us the rest of the winter.
So from FRIGID temps with ice and snow last year....
to
This year.....
| Fun in the Sun at the Park |
Also last year I was anxiously nervous for a friend, Katie. As you all by now we were due with babies just weeks from each other but she was two weeks behind me. On Monday she was to go to the hospital to have them turn the baby because she was carrying her breech. To avoid a C-section they were going to simply turn the baby and then she would continue "cooking" for another month.
....Side note.. all along during our pregnancies I told Katie that she was going to have her baby before me.. Not sure why but I was pretty confident it would be that way..
So on Monday I continued to watch my clock waiting to here that her procedure went well and all was good. So when my phone rang and it was Scott her husband I was caught by surprise.. And I will never forget the words he said to me... "You better go by a lottery ticket" Meaning... Katie WAS going to have her baby first. When they began her procedure to turn the baby the minute they placed their hands on her belly her water broke.. Which meant they now had to be rushed back and have a C-section..
Whew.... how exciting and scary at the same time.
There is much more to the story but the point is Miss Rhylan Alexis was born perfectly healthy that day.. Very much a surprise but in the end everything worked out just great..
Oh and by the way this was ALL during that big Winter Storm they had projected.
and this year.... a Winter wONEderland Party
| Sweet little Rhylan is ONE... |
| showing off her walking moves |
| the damage is about to begin |
| she made us very proud with her cake smashing abilities :) |
| Emerson decided she needed to jump in an assist with the gift opening |
| Emerson Kate being cute |
I found myself tearing up a couple of time during the party.. I think just watching our girls just makes me realize how much they have grown in this past year. OR maybe its just the anticipation of celebrating Em's One Year in just a couple of weeks. Either way it was a good time and I'm so excited to see the girls grow and hopefully continue to be great friends.
and on a RANDOM note I had to share a couple of pics that just make me smile. I have been dealing with Emerson's eating habits lately.. She went from a great eater.... to not so much of a good eater... and now back to eating pretty good again. Now that she is eating herself and DOES NOT want Momma's help I've had to plan menus that allow her to do just that. This is her eating ALL BY HERSELF... I never thought I would be that mom that just lets her get down and dirty but what I've learned is you do whatever that baby wants to keep her happy....
I'm pretty sure this was the night I just drove her through the car wash to get her clean..:) OH GOODNESS
No comments:
Post a Comment