Monday, January 16, 2012

11 Months

Someone please pinch me....  Because there is just no way my little baby is 11 months..  Time has flown is an understatement..  SERIOUSLY.  

I'm going to save the seriously sappy post for a couple of weeks when I have to admit I have a ONE year old.  :(   BOO HOO.

We have had a crazy couple of weeks since Christmas..  I hated taking down all the Christmas decorations and so did Emerson.  I loved how she would come in the room and point at the tree and say PITY (pretty).  Now anytime some says  "pretty" she looks to where the tree was located..  She was very excited to see that when we went to ZuZu's that she still had her PITY still up and glowing brightly.

For New Year's we took a last minute weekend trip to Springfield to see some friends.  It was nice to visit and just relax and not be out and about with all the craziness.

Since New Years I have been doing a lot of "Refocusing".  Back to Weight Watchers after the holidays.  Back to putting more exersize into my daily routine..  And making some big decisions that have battling back and forth.  (I'll talk about these in a later post).

Emerson is such a happy little girl.  Smiles a Large percentage of the day and has such an infectious smile and laughter.  I LOVE this about her.  Of course she has her cranky days but normally it is just because she is sleepy or hungry.   She is getting much more independent.  Still VERY clingy...  but will crawl off and play on her own now which is certainly applauded by me.  As much as I adore her it gets real old having a child attached to your ankle 24/7.  She travels very well and has proved this twice the past couple of weeks.  I hope this continues because I certainly love to get in the car and go.   Unfortunately her eating habits have changed.  She used to eat anything and everything you put in front of her.  But she has become way more picky about what she wants to eat AND she wants to do it all herself.  This is fine when it is a food that I can cut up and lay out on her tray.  But try feeding her something on a spoon and she wants to hold the spoon and put it in her own mouth.  This makes for a VERY messy baby and kitchen.  Griffin (the dog) Loves this phase :).   Walking is more than likely sooner than later.  She stands quite a bit on her own and for a good length of time.   She says "Doggie" and has also mocked the dogs barking several times.  She says ki-cat.. (kitty cat)...   Still says DaDa and Ga a lot but no Mama..  (darn kid)  :)
Sleeping is pretty good.  Sleeps "almost" through the night.  Usually down by 7:30 and up once for a bottle then up about 7.  Every once in awhile we get lucky and she sleeps all the way through.  She LOVES her bath and she gets one every night.




We also just returned home from our 15th Annual Miss America party in Columbia.  Always a fabulous time.  It started with 3 of us (Lissa, Darla and myself) and is now up to 12 of us.  We have been joined by daughters, daughter-in-laws and grand-daughters.  This year was Em's first.  Obviously she has no clue what was going on but momma sure did.  And I loved having her with me to share the party.  And of course I had to dress her for the occasion.




Myla broke out her outfit for the evening...  For the swimsuit competition  :)




Grehyor, Myla and Emerson





It's a VERY serious matter  :)


On Sunday I decided to take a side trip to KC to visit Meg and Taryn.  We didn't break out the camera..  bummer  :(    It was a good way to wind down after a very busy weekend and just visit with the girls.  Meg, Em and I went to a little Mexican Cafe in an adorable area of town.  Then went for a nice walk through her neighborhood to enjoy the above average January temperatures.  We packed it up fairly early Monday to head home..  I was VERY proud of Emerson and how well she did getting away from her comfort zone of her own home. 

Always a good time with all my girls.  I am so blessed to have each and every one of them in my life and not sure what I would do without them. 

No comments: