Tuesday, February 8, 2011

To my Daughter....

Emerson Kate,

It's 3:00 in the morning on Wednesday morning February 9th, 2011. I'm lying here in bed wide awake and just can't get you off my mind. I learned some unexpected news today that leaves me with so much emotion that I can't possibly sleep just thinking about. Today I learned that I get to meet you in just a few short hours... 53 hours to be exact. It seems you are quite comfortable in there but the problem is you are turned in a direction that is just not safe for you to be delivered the way we expected... So therefore you will be entering the world via c-section. I have not one second of doubt that everything will go very smoothly and you will be delivered to me by very capable hands. February 11, 2011 will by my baby girls Birthday.. The day that has only been in my dreams...until now.

Emerson.... I want you to know from the VERY beginning that I have been dreaming about this moment for as long as I can remember. You have already brightened my world to the sun and back and I haven't even laid eyes on you yet. Wow... what is it going to be like once I'm actually graced with the opportunity to be your mommy.? I know I don't have to tell you how loved you are by so many already because you will figure that out real quick on your own. SO many people are anxiously awaiting your arrival I can't even explain. You are loved and were loved before you were even created which is why your arrival is so exciting to so many people..

As for me I already consider myself the LUCKIEST mommy on the planet. I get to call you my daughter and I will do it ever so proudly. My desire is that I'm the best mommy to you that I know how to be.. I know I will make mistakes but I only hope that I am able to admit when I am wrong and just know how to make it right. As for you... I just want you to be the person you set out to be. I want you to grow up being kind to others and to have much compassion. Its so important!!! Be YOURSELF and be PROUD of who you are and what you stand for. You are going to encounter things along the way that are going to be hard... but my best advice to you is to not let those things get you down. Stand up tall.... do your best and keep on moving.. And know that I will ALWAYS be by your side and ALWAYS be your biggest fan.

Emerson Kate.. I Love you..!!!!. My heart is so swollen I'm pretty sure it could beat right out of my chest. We have a great life ahead of us my sweet baby girl.

Forever in my heart...
Your Mommy

No comments: