It's Sunday evening after a very busy week. Lots going on getting ready for this little bundle and believe it or not I'm pretty sure my ToDo list is DONE. There are a very few items left but they are all just random things that I would "like" to do but nothing extremely necessary.
Bags are packed, Car is clean, carpets have been cleaned, Dishwasher Repaired (Finally), Breastfeeding and CPR class taken, (most) items that need to be purchased have been purchased.. etc.etc. A book that has been recommended to me .. "The happiest baby on the block" has arrived and I'm diligently trying to finish it before the big day arrives. From what I understand this book will teach me how to sleep train the baby and it is said the training begins from the start.. Soooo at least I can give it a shot. I'm sure in the months to come I will let you know how that goes. (I'm sure several of you are laughing under your breath at this point) But that is ok. :)
The poor dogs are COMPLETELY done with me bringing new items into the house. As each items enters and I wash or unwrap them I always let them smell it well and I always say... "This is for the baby".. I seriously see it in Griffin's eyes at this point that if he could talk he would say... I'm sick of the baby thing already and I don't even know what it is :) The baby vs. dog should be an interesting transition but I HOPE that it goes all very smoothly. Again I guess time will tell.
So for an update. At last weeks doctors appt he informed me that I have began to dilate.. Not a lot but a fingertip. Hey it's something... right? He did say my belly was measuring a tad bigger and stated that he "believes" that the baby will be a good size. Mom has been predicting all along that the baby is going to be a 9 pounder.. Lets just hope this time her prediction is wrong. I want a healthy baby but 9 pounds is pushing it. We also learned the baby is still sitting VERY high. Not exactly sure what this means except she is pointed in the right direction but just not dropped quite into position yet. I did loose my mucus plug this past weekend.. Sorry if that is TMI. (too much information) But I have to include it because it certainly is a milestone. I will be excited to hear what this means exactly at my appt this next Tuesday at my appt. My hope is that I have dilated a little further and we have progressed. (Fingers Crossed) Beside that all is well and I still feel great. I do get tired pretty darn quick.. But who wouldn't lugging a watermelon all day :)
Actually my mind is on several different people tonight and it all seems to be baby related. First of all.. Darla and Matt are at the hospital as we speak waiting for their first Grandchild to be born. Brittney was induced this evening so hopefully sooner than later we will be welcoming another little baby to our little family. I just can't help wonder what is going through Brittney's head tonight as she begins the journey of labor/contractions and childbirth. Then Katie.. My friend who has stood beside me during this entire pregnancy and is due just days after I am. Her baby is currently breech and she is going through a procedure tomorrow to attempt to turn the baby int he right direction. All my fingers are crossed that everything works perfectly and her little baby girl does what is intended and there are no problems. I really don't want to have to see her have to go through a c-section if she doesn't have to. And then there is Ashley.. who is a friend of mine from the office's daughter. She is also pregnant and will be going for her first ultrasound tomorrow. There are "thoughts" that she could be having twins just due to the fact that she is already seeing some growth in her belly and she is only 12 weeks along. So tomorrow is a big day and lots to anticipate.
Now ... as far as my Title.. "making plans". It is my HOPE once this baby arrives to really really work hard to keep up with this blog. I want to use this to keep up with her growth and all the details of her childhood. Everyone tells me that I will be lucky to find time to shower so making plans other than that could be a joke.. BUT it is VERY important to me that I do this.. So I'm putting it here in hopes that if I make it a PLAN that Maybe..just maybe I'll stick to it. So Sunday evening is my time to blog.. My time to reflect on the past week in my life..and in hers.
Much love to all.
Kelly
No comments:
Post a Comment