I'm very proud to report the nursery is complete!!! Well..... almost. I have a tiny bit of items to complete but overall it is done. Back in November we started with Adam and Lissa coming down to do the dirty work. We painted the walls a pretty green along with cream. We (meaning Adam) put up a chair rail.... Along with putting together the crib. As time went by I bought the dresser/changing table from an antique store and did a little "Shabby Chic" to it.. Green undertones with cream overall. Moving right along mom and I FINALLY found the perfect material to make the curtains and bed skirt. I wish I could take credit for actually making these items but all the credit goes to ZuZu.. (that's mom's grandma name) :) I think she did a great job. They came out just precious just like I envisioned.. I wanted something soft and cute.. I tried my best to not be very "matchy" or definitely not go with a theme.. I just wanted something that made me smile when I was in her room and something that she would learn to love as well.
Other than that things are trucking right along. We have been iced in the last couple of days so I've really been able to cross things off my to-do list. Mom has been a HUGE help. Seeing that I have this watermelon belly I'm not able to bend down anymore.. So she has really helped do some deep cleaning and other things to prepare the house. Another Child friendly vehicle has been added to the family. Mom broke down and traded in her Mini Cooper.. (which I know just killed her) and she bought a Honda CRV.. this will give us another car to tote around the little one and all her stuff.
I'm still feeling pretty good. I think more than anything just starting to get really anxious. I think I'm beginning to realize that anytime now things could happen and we could be headed to the hospital.. Not that I'm wishing that but it certainly could happen. At my doctors appt this week I had my first cervical check and there to no progress whatsoever.. Closed up tight, thick and very high. Baby is in the right position though so that part makes me really happy.
Until next time..... Tick Tock...Tick Tock...

Mr and Mrs Bob the painters

Keeping up the motivation

Gotta love that outfit Liss...
2 comments:
First let me say nooooooo! No more Mini *sad pouty face*. Ok, now that that's done, it looks so good! I love the new furniture additions and the letters came out great. Glad you showed me in such a glamorous light. :o) Love you mama!
The nursery is precious! Love her bedding!
Post a Comment