Whew....
I feel like my feet have not hit the floor in weeks...
Go go goooooo..........
And I love it.
First of all work is great... Real Estate has really picked up and things seem to be picking up as each day passes. In the past three weeks I have closed two contracts, received two offers on my listings and have written and negotiated two offers for buyers. This doesn't include the several clients I am working with that are either listing or buying property. Trust me when I say this... I AM NOT COMPLAINING... I want work... and will work all hours of every day and every day of every week until I can't breath if I have to.
On top of this I have completed my first Boot Camp. I had a wonderful time. I saw great results and mostly just the simple fact that I feel great..!!! It is obvious that I have gained strength and this makes me very happy. Camp ended this past Thursday. I had hoped to join the next boot camp which starts May 4th but at this time the time slot I need is full. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that either a slot opens up or enough people show interest that they open another camp at the 5:30 am time slot. I guess we will just wait and see.
The most fun of my past month is traveling with Meg to Seattle. Meg took an assignment in Seattle for 6 weeks so I asked to travel along with her. I have never been to the North West so I was really looking forward to checking it out. Not to mention spending some good quality time with Meg. I believe in total we traveled in the car for 38 hours equalling about 3000 miles.
We meet up in Tulsa to drop my car off at the Tulsa airport.. This is where I was to return since I would be flying back home.
Day 1- Drove from Fayetteville, AR to Denver Colorado via Kansas... (not such a pretty drive and fairly uneventful)
Day 2- Left from Denver. Drove thru the Rockies.... Hit the Utah boarder and about 1 hour across the boarder realized we were in a pretty thick dust storm. Originally we were going to venture off the interstate and travel south a bit to check out Arches Park but suddenly realized that we needed to keep moving. Turned north and headed to Salt Lake City and within an hour or so drove straight into a Blizzard. Yep... A blizzard. A little odd to say the least going from sunny skies and 65 degrees to Blizzard and 23 degrees. But just as fast as we drove into it we quickly moved right out. We drove as far as we could into Idaho and stayed at a hotel about 1 hour east of Boise.
Day 3- Left our Hotel and drove across Idaho and into Oregon. This was about the time the landscape really turned pretty. Beautiful weather and beautiful scenery. I'll let the pictures do the talking on this part of the trip. We landed in Portland around 4 pm... found a hotel and went straight to a fantastic recommended restaurant downtown Portland...
Day 4- After talking to mom and getting recommendations for the rest of the day we decided to spend the rest of this day checking out the coastal towns between Portland and the Washington line. Words simply can't describe the beauty we saw this day... Wow..!!!! Spend the night in Kelso, Washington about an hour north of the Portland just on the Washington line.
Day 5- Woke up and headed towards Seattle via a quick trip to Mt. Saint Helen's. The Park was not officially open until May so we just took a few pictures of the volcano from afar. At list point we headed north and arrived in Seattle just a few hours later. The rest of the afternoon was focused on arriving at Meg's apartment and getting her unpacked and settled in a bit. We grabbed a cab and headed downtown to meet up with a friend of Meg's for a short tour around downtown and ate at an amazing restaurant.. "The Crab Pot"... YUM!!!
After dinner we meet with some more friends for a few drinks before heading back to the house to get a good nights rest.
Day6- It was a beautiful day.. Sunny and clear skies. Meg's friend Eric agreed to be our tour guide for the day. I asked him to give us the 10 hour tour of Seattle and pack in as much as he could in my short time left. Well he succeeded. Brunch with an amazing view... Pikes Street Market.. The Locks.... Space Needle.... and some local parks. I really felt I got a good sense on what Seattle had to offer. We had a blast but we were all exhausted.
My flight left at 6 am on Monday morning. After an amazing trip I was still not ready to come home.. But unfortunately my time had to end. I'm sure a trip to the North West is in my future sometime soon. Hopefully this time I stay a little longer and enjoy this amazing part of the country.
At this point it is Sunday night. The house is cleaned ... the dogs are walked... the laundry is done... the lawn is mowed..... and I am one tired puppy. I think it is time for me to sit back and chill.... At least until tomorrow when it starts all over again.
Love to all.
Kelly
2 comments:
That is some of the prettiest scenery in photos I've ever seen! Great job on the pics. I've never been to the North West either. Now I want to!
Your pictures are beautiful!!! The waterfall looks like a calendar! I want to go to the North West too. Everyone raves about it. Hope you are doing well! Sounds like the real estate market is coming around....YAY!
Post a Comment