Friday, March 20, 2009

Nice Bridge with a view....

Another milestone today in the Crenshaw house...

The house has officially been put on the market. It is time to sell this place and move on. I love my house but I have had to make the hard decision to put myself in a better financial position and this means selling and moving on. Where I will land I do not know. I have considered many options and at this point I have no clue what is going to happen.
I've been on the fence for the past month or so on what I should do to makes things better for me. Due to our wonderful economy I have become very nervous on where my next $ will come from.... and this causes me great stress.. You know.. just like everyone else.
So I decided it is time to downsize.

Since this decision is very difficult I keep weighing pro's and con's and just could not become comfortable with any decision. That is until I checked the mail on Wednesday.
Then there it was... Staring me in the face. The dreaded letter from my mortgage company telling me it was time "Hey Kelly.... I know you have paid your mortgage on time for the past 3 years... but you know what? You signed a contract allowing us to increase your mortgage after 3 years and that time is now.. So we are going to go ahead and do that. We are going to go ahead and increase your rate by 3%.
3% PEOPLE!!! And to top it off they can increase it again in 6 months and again 6 months after that.
HELLO!!!! WAKE UP CALL.....
I'm done. I'm raising the white flag and surrendering. I'm done.
That is all I needed to kick me off the fence and make my decision. The darling mortgage company made my decision for me.

So now what...?? Well on my way home from work I past this really pretty bridge. And it had a great view of the mountains. And I have a great refrigerator box in the garage. So that is on the list of consideration. :) Just kidding. I'm not sure the dogs would like living under a bridge. The noise would keep them up all night long.

I'm living on faith. I know the right thing will happen. When it is suppose to.
I have an option to move in with a friend... I also found a great little home in a nice neighborhood and the house is actually affordable and would drop my mortgage almost in half.
So we will see. I really feel good about all of this. Actually I have had my house listed for less than 12 hours and I have had several calls and actually already have an appointment to show it tomorrow.

So keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm real curious what the future brings but I am excited about it. All is well. Really.

I have a great week ahead of me. Lots of work to do and also our annual Cabin trip to look forward to. Oh the cabin. So can't wait.
I have been saving a few good books to read just for this trip. And just ask the friends.... Every time I am at the cabin I sell a house. Hmmmm so which house am I going to sell this time.. Maybe my own :)

Love to all....
Kelly

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That was really sweet of the mortgage companyto write you!!!! I hope you sold your house while you were out of town...the cardnal rule in real estate- that is ALWAYS how it works! Love you bunches!