Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I've thought long and hard about this

OK... I have to admit that I have been back and forth whether I wanted to post about this or not.. And as you can see I have decided to just go for it. This is my blog ... right? The whole point is for me to put my thoughts in print.... And if someone so chooses to read it then that is their opinion.
Well..... I did it. Today was the day. Today was and could have been one of the most important days of the rest of my life. Today was the day that I received my first artificial insemination.
This has been a long road and I do understand that this is just the beginning. If you are reading this you already know my story and understand that this has been a very big decision for me. A big decision that I have not and will not every take lightly. I have thought about my feelings, my unborn child's feelings and what life will be like for my child being brought into this world through artificial insemination. It's not going to be easy.... I know this. But it is going to be worth it.
Worth it because I have dreamt about this child for as long as I can remember. Worth it because I know that I am going to be a wonderful mother and shower this child with as much love if not more than if he or she had two loving parents.
As I lay here this evening a lot of emotions are going through my head.. I'm happy!!! I'm excited!!! I'm hopeful!!! But most of all I understand that this is out of my control. This beginning part might not have been as natural as most conceptions but what happens from here is. I understand that this procedure might not turn into a pregnancy. I understand that this could take several tries and it might not ever result in a pregnancy. But at this point I have faith and I am at peace that whatever is suppose to happen.... will happen.

So from here just stay tuned.. I have decided that really there is not much to hide at this point. Hopefully soon I will have good news to share.

Love to all....
Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I say good for you! I know you will be a good mom and love having a baby. I will keep my fingers crossed that it happens soon.