






So once again I am finding that I don't blog as much as I should. So for all of my following I apologize for being so boring lately :)
But I guess when I decide to do something noteworthy I pack it all into one weekend.
This weekend was amazing... As I sit here on Sunday evening reflecting on my crazy weekend I now realize why I am just flat out exhausted.. Not to mention the very small amount of sleep I got I literally was going non-stop since I woke up Friday morning.
The fun began Friday evening when I had the privilege of picking up Meg from the airport in Tulsa. She traveled from her temporary home in San Diego to come home for a short visit. Since her visit did not involve me in her plans I decided if I wanted to see her then I would just have to get in my "Meg time" during the drive from Tulsa airport to Springfield. Even though it was late at night and we both had a long day we had a fun drive to Springfield... Nothing like singing to Monster Ballads at the top of your lungs driving down the interstate at 2:00 in the morning..
Then Saturday I joined Lissa, Adam and Darla for a quick lunch and to catch up with the three of them... When our life is so crazy it takes a little bit to get caught up on the latest with the jobs, kids, grand kids, school, football and of course the trials of trying to get pregnant.
From there I hit the road again to head to Joplin where we would be gathering to celebrate Lisa's 40th Birthday. A new casino opened in town called Down Stream and we were being told it was the next best thing to Vegas.. Well Hello...... Why go to Vegas for a 40th birthday when we could just drive 1 hour down the road and get the next best thing.... right? The evening started in the lawn of the hotel where about 15 of us enjoyed the beautiful weather with tasty beverages and a few pre-dinner treats. Then we all piled in several vans to travel a few miles down the road to where we would be spending the next 5, 10 or 15 hours. We had dinner reservations at the Steak House and thankfully had a private dining room waiting. The drinks started flowing and the laughter became thick as we all shared memories of why we call Lisa our friend. Ton of thought was put into many of her gifts so quite a bit of tears where shed during the evening too.
Then it was time to hit the casino..... We all split up into our areas of interest... Some headed back to the hotel and some of us (including me) left around 2:00 only because we were forced to because that was when the last taxi was leaving... Probably a good thing.
Great Party....... Many memories made.....
Happy Birthday my dear friend Lisa.... I love you
This is what happens when you mix helium, alcohol and a room full of your friends celebrating your 40th Birthday.
2 comments:
Glad you had a good weekend! It looks like the birthday party got a little crazy! So Fun!
Hey Hunny! So great to see you! You look fab! Happy Birthday Lisa! 40 is a great ride. :o) So our clan of strong beautiful women is going to expand by 1! I love you bunches!
Post a Comment