

It's Sunday evening and I just returned home from a trip to Texas to see my family. It's been way too long since I have seen everyone so I decided to escape the craziness here and just go down and spend some good ole' quality time with them. I left on Thursday so had 4 full days and got to see most of my family.
My sister, Courtney, and her husband Jimmy had just returned from Kentucky where they have spent the last two summers on a mission trip. And of course it is always such a joy to see my nephews, Austin and Blake. I can't believe how much they change each time I see them. They both are so special to me and it kills me that I can't spend more time with them (and of course my sis and bro-in law too) :) I should have pictures coming my way and will post them once I get them (right Court??)
My dad and Tonda both work in the school system so they are both gearing up to get back into the swing of things. Tonda just accepted a new job so she has a nice change of pace for her also.
My Grandma and Grandpa Crenshaw have both experienced a really hard year for their health. Grandpa fell this past year and had to spend a long time in a rehab facility getting back into the swing of things. During his rehab we had to find an alternate place for my Grandma due to her having Alzheimer's and my Grandpa was her main caregiver. My Grandpa is now able to live in an assisted living facility but he no longer has the ability to care for my Grandma. They are very close and only live across the street from each other but it is so hard for everyone involved. It is so difficult to watch those you care about grow old and it just breaks my heart to see them apart. The pictures posted above taken just this past December when my dad and I were able to bring my grandma to visit my grandpa. I just have to say that Alzheimer's disease sucks and I hope no one you know ever has to suffer with the incredible disease.
This afternoon on my way home I got to spend some time with the rest of my family. Tonda's father.. (my Grandaddy) is also in a rehab center in Denison. He has also been in and out of the hospital too many times lately. It was so good to spend time with him and to visit with my Grandmother (Wo).
I also was able to visit my Aunt Star and cousin Blair. It was so good to see them and too short of a visit. We all went to lunch and got caught up before I ventured the rest of my 4 hour trip home. Blair is the breeder where Griffin came from. You pull up at the house and you are greeted with a circus of Aussie's. She also had quite a few puppies that were just too adorable which several reminded me of Griffin when I first meet him.... I might just have to post some pictures of my little fur ball from then also :)
1 comment:
It looks like you had a great trip to Texas! What a special time with your family! I know how it is...our time is so special now that we live so far apart!
Post a Comment