Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Saying Good-bye

Oh what a yucky past couple of weeks.  There is no getting around it but our heart have been broken and we are just trying our best to put smiles on our faces.

In the matter of 2 days we had to say Good-Bye to too many people we love.



Our Wo...
Wo is my Grandmother.   My Step-Mothers momma.   Whom I have known as my grandmother since I was Seven.    I always thought of her as my own blood grandmother and I'm certain she felt the same way for me.  At least she always made me feel that way.

We lost Wo this week at the age of 90.   Up until just a few weeks ago Wo was just a healthy as could be.  Slowing down just a bit but you would never guess by looking at her she was 90.  But after a pretty significant stroke we quickly learned the cause was from Cancer..  Uggg..  the ugly cancer strikes again.    Thankfully we were all together for Christmas..  It was awesome and I am so grateful that we had that opportunity.  Of course at the time we had no clue how special it was.  But only a short 4 weeks later she was gone.     On one hand I'm glad it went quickly because that meant she didn't have to suffer any more than she did..  But on the other hand it just seemed to go too fast. 
She was also my last remaining Grandparent..  So it just makes it all so much harder.
Wo...  you will be missed.   Thank you for always being there for me and more than anything loving my baby girl like you did.  I saw Joy in your eyes when you looked at my baby girl and that always felt so special to me.
Wo and Emerson in their matching outfits.






I always thought this was a cute picture of the two of them..  My 18mo old daughter teaching her great grandmother how to use the iPhone.  :)


We traveled to Texas for the funeral and it was so nice just to be with the rest of the family..  Something about being together helps the heart heal.


Em hanging out with Charlie... Wo's pup

My cousin Blair, her mother Aunt Star and her fiancee Russ



 Emerson loving on her cousin Austin


 The Hutsons..  My sister Courtney, her husband Jimmy and my two nephews Blake and Austin.


 me and my lovebug


 Cousin Blair and Russ


my daddy and step momma


 
 
 
Then just two days later we had to kiss these two sweet peas good-bye
 

We very sadly had to say good-bye as they are moving back to Pennsylvania to live with their mother.    Victoria and Anderson...   My joys..  might as well be my babies I love them so much.    I have been in denial that this day was coming for the past 6 months but it is finally here and it just hurts..   Hurts so bad that I couldn't even find the words to explain to Emerson what was happening.  They were Emerson's buds.  You ask her who her best friends are and they were always on top of the list.   It hasn't even been a week and Emerson has asked a dozen times when they will be coming over to play or spend the night.  I HATE that for her..  and I hate that for me.   Not even to mention their father, zuzu and other family that adores them too.
Summer can't get here fast enough until we get to see their little faces again for a very long visit.

 
Boo Hoo...   :(
Having a tough time keeping my chin up right now.

No comments: