Sunday, July 14, 2013

Our World is so fun these days....

 
There is so much going on these days I'm not even sure where to start..
We seem to be on the move 24/7 and enjoying every second of summer.  Too much fun.
 
Sooo..  I have such fun news.   If you know me in person or if you have been following us on here for awhile you've heard me talk about the cabin on the White River I visit..  This is a cabin owned by a wonderful family, The Bridgers... along with two other owners.  So basically its owned by three parties and they split is up so every third week you have full use of the cabin.    I have many many memories of this cabin ..
 
Well.  A couple of weeks ago I took a Momcation to this cabin for a little R&R with friends .  On this trip we learned that the cabin was being sold because 2 of the owners wanted to sell out which left my friends family and they didn't want to be part owners with a bunch of strangers.
So.  Long story short.  Mom stepped up and our family is now the 1/3 owner of this amazing/wonderful/relaxing cabin that sits right on the White River. 
Its approximately 2.5 hours from our house so its far enough away to feel like you are getting away.  But close enough if you need to get home for any reason.
I'm thrilled beyond words and honestly am still in shock that its ours..
The memories will continue on for years.
 
This past week I took mom to visit the cabin to see it before making any decisions. She has heard so much about it but hasn't actually seen it or its surroundings.  As she thought..  it was perfection.  :)
 
Mom relaxing on the screened in porch soaking it all in.


The calming river

Emerson watching all the fisherman float by


I'm pretty sure she agrees in our decision..  she likes it here

 
 
 
Almost everyday at this point Emerson learns something new.  This night it was a somersault.
I'm really hoping to sign her up in gymnastics this fall.  I thing she would love it.
 
 
Another new adventure for us is the Roger Aquatic Center.  Its only about 20 minutes down the road so a simple trip.  This water park is amazing and perfect for Emerson's age group.  Actually great for many ages but they really paid attention to the little ones too.  We went with several of our friends and the kiddos loved it... 

Fun times


Hi pretty girl


This Saturday was the big fundraiser for the Botanical Gardens..  The Firefly Fling.   We had a blast last year so all of us were looking forward to it again this year.  Basically its a Garden Festival for families..  All the little ones dress up with butterfly wings and lots of folks just have fun with their costumes..  There are lots of crafts to teach kids about birds/gardens/flowers, etc.   Great music playing as we walk around and enjoy the festivities.   As the sun starts to go down the party really goes into full swing.  Everyone gathers on their blankets to watch glow in the dark dancers,  Fire Dancers  and then my favorite the Lantern lift off.    Our entire family had a blast..  Certainly worth keeping them up way past bedtime.  :))
Victoria and the Horsefly

The grounds are filling up

Our little Butterflies learning about how birds use their beaks.

Emerson taking it all in.


Some very happy kids

Just a pretty shot of the flowers

in line waiting on some fairy dust

The fire dancers



I can't express how magical this moment way..  Really just one of those moments you need to witness for yourself.    The night was beautiful..  we are all laying on our blankets with cool music playing from the band.  And one by one these huge lanterns are lit and as they fill up with hot air they are released into the air and float away.  Multiply that by about 30 lanterns..  Awwww..  super cool.

My best attempt to catch the moment on video.

No comments: