Monday, October 1, 2012

Handed over the house to the Bikers

Last year mom rented out her house to some great people that were here for Bikes, Blues and BBQ.  Since mom has permanent renters now I decided to offer my house to these same people since it was such a success last year.  Good, quick money and a good excuse for me to get my house VERY clean.  If I only kept my house this clean I would be one happy girl.  But..  Instead life really doesn't allow that.  :) 
So while Hotel Crenshaw was being used Emerson and I did a little bed hopping. 
 
 
 
This picture is obviously before we left the house but I had to include it..  Em loves to read and loves her ZuZu so she was pretty much in Heaven.  And I'm pretty sure Zuzu wasn't complaining much either.  :)
Andy and Christine (Brother and Sister-in-law) decided to have a little get-a-way so mom and I went to their house to watch the kiddos while they were away.  It wasn't easy,, but watching the kids have so much fun made it very worth it.  If we could just get Emerson and Anderson to get along better it would be much better.  Those two are just too close in age so they are both very jealous and tend to fight a bit with each other.. 
These two are another story.   They LOVE each other.  Victoria even calls Em her little sister. And Emerson looks up to Victoria so they are two little peas in a pod.  It's adorable to watch.   On this day Victoria and Emerson rode around in this Jeep for several hours.   Round and round and round.  Since there wasn't room for Anderson he was the mechanic.  Anytime the girls got stuck or needed assistance they would yell for him and he would just smile and come running.  He loved being needed.  There was even one time Victoria yelled..  "you're our hero Anderson"   Awww.
On Friday morning we packed up the car and headed to Columbia to see Aunt Lissa and Uncle Adam.  We all promised each other that this was a weekend to chill and we did just that.  The only time we left the house was to go to the farmers market.  Other than that we just played on the deck, went to the park just across the street.  Played with bubbles, grilled steaks and just enjoyed each others company.  It was very nice if I do say so myself.  :)
 



 
Annie seemed to love having a new friend to play with and Emerson was the same.  We noticed that both of them slept better because they kept each other on the move. 

Emerson and Josh dancing on the deck.  :)


California Girls

Emerson helping Lissa pick out her warty pumpkin.

Liss and Adam have a great park just across the street from their house. 

Little Sassy Pants.

for some reason Blogger will not turn this picture but it was just too cute to not post.



If I could just read her mind..  I'm pretty sure she was thinking..  You have to be crazy to think I'm going down this slide momma.
 And of course we had to play with Bubbles..    oh the bubbles. 




Late Sunday morning we packed it up again and headed down the road a couple of hours to Kansas City.  We knew we wanted to stop by and see Aunt Meg while we were in the area.  My work schedule got switched around and I no longer had to work Monday morning so we were able to stay the night.  Once again we just hung out and chilled. 

It was a great week..  Lots of traveling but wonderful to give my brother and sister-in-law a chance to get away, see great friends and all while getting a chunk of extra money while renting out my house..  Good to get away but always good to be home too. 
 
 
 
 
 
The End
 
 
 

No comments: