









The past week has been amazing. On the 13th of September I traveled to Maine to spend some good quality time with my family. My mom rented a cottage on Peaks Island just off the coast of Maine near Portland. Words can't describe this area of the country. The air was crisp. The leaves were just beginning to change. And everybody just had a pace that was much different than the mid-west. I remember telling my mother when we were standing in line to catch the ferry that it truly looked like everyone around me just stepped off the pages of a LL Bean catalog.
The cool part of where we stayed was that it was on an island. You had no choice but to relax and enjoy your stay. We did lots of biking, walking, reading, visiting and just taking it easy. Seafood was on the menu about every meal..... and oh that was just so tough :)
HMMM are we going to have fresh lobster or wild salmon tonight?? that was the big choices we had to make. Trust me I'm not expecting any sympathy.
That was our life for about 5 days.
A few days after I arrived My brother and sister-in-law arrived with their new baby, Victoria...
Oh boy was I in love with this little sweet punkin. I knew there was going to be an instant attraction but I didn't expect how I immediately feel in love with her. Trust me pictures of her will be my entire next blog.
On Saturday we drove up the coast and went to a local organic Fair. Lots of really cool stuff and all from local Maine people... From honey to yard to Llamas and bunnies... It was too cool. I truly thought I was going to have to tie my mothers hands down so she didn't spend my entire inheritance. :)
We then stayed at an Inn (the town's name escapes me) but it was in this really cool town right on the coast. This place had charm written all over it was everything I hoped for when thinking about Maine.
As of now we are considering making this an annual trip. We will see but in the meantime I will enjoy my memories of the new love I have for New England.
1 comment:
I LOVE New England. I have only been to Vermont and it is precious! I am so jealous of you and all of your fun trips! So, since you are such a travel whore, I think you should come visit your friend Rebekah down in Texas! I love you! Victoria is a sweety! I bet she loved her Aunt Kelly lovin on her!
Post a Comment